Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
The Restaurant Executive Chef is the passionate leader and culinarian who thrives in a high volume restaurant where quality ingredients, teamwork, and associate development take precedent. Join HEI Hotels and Fifth Group Restaurants to work with the finest and most successful people in Atlanta's hospitality industry.
* Direct the day to day operations of all areas of the kitchen including South City Kitchen Avalon, stewarding, and purchasing.
* Manage Human Resources in the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe environment. Interview, hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles and discipline and terminate as appropriate.
* Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food in the hotel in a safe, sanitary, cost effective manner.
* Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
* Develop, implement and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
* Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc...) within Fifth Group Restaurant guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
* Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Two+ years of post-high school education, culinary education is desirable.
* Five+ years of employment in a related position.
* High-end hotel and/or independent restaurant experience preferred.
* Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
* Knowledge of restaurant and/or hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.