Inspired by the mythical land of Avalon, where the experience of the “Good Life” is ever-present, The Hotel at Avalon arrives — a grand reimagining of resort environment, where guests are immersed in the timeless art of living well. Here, graceful, modern Southern hospitality is infused throughout a luxurious walkable community of shopping, dining, lodging, working, and entertaining, all in the heart of Alpharetta, Georgia. Flowing from the hotel, the new Alpharetta Conference Center provides the area’s premier meetings and events destination.
The host or hostess is the critical first impression of South City Kitchen, and therefore is empowered to create memorable guest experiences. Join HEI Hotels and Fifth Group Restaurants to work with the finest and most successful people in Atlanta's hospitality industry.
* Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu.
* Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
* Maintain proper set-up of dining room.
* Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
* Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.