In a town famed equally for its charming traditions and modern appeal, The Hotel at Avalon captures both, a sparkling ode to its new South roots hitched to a forward-thinking concept. All the elements come together here — attentive service, and beautiful lush surroundings, a playful disposition and a sophisticated demeanor. With a warm and genuine smile, The Hotel at Avalon welcomes travelers and culture seekers — for business and for pleasure — to a place where the good life is right at home. Graced by walkable boulevards with their outdoor living rooms, splendid shops, inspired dining and entertainment, the blissful perk of Avalon complements the mix, just steps from the Alpharetta Conference Center. A new destination for Atlanta. The Hotel at Avalon is a place apart, an experience where everyone comes and lives well.
The Sous Chef is the developing leader and talented culinarian who thrives in a high volume restaurant where quality ingredients, teamwork, and associate development take precedent. Join HEI Hotels and Fifth Group Restaurants to work with the finest and most successful people in Atlanta's hospitality industry.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Two+ years of post-high school education, culinary education is desirable.
* Five+ years of employment in a related position.
* High-end hotel and/or independent restaurant experience preferred.
* Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
* Knowledge of restaurant and/or hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.