In a town famed equally for its charming traditions and modern appeal, The Hotel at Avalon captures both, a sparkling ode to its new South roots hitched to a forward-thinking concept. All the elements come together here — attentive service, and beautiful lush surroundings, a playful disposition and a sophisticated demeanor. With a warm and genuine smile, The Hotel at Avalon welcomes travelers and culture seekers — for business and for pleasure — to a place where the good life is right at home. Graced by walkable boulevards with their outdoor living rooms, splendid shops, inspired dining and entertainment, the blissful perk of Avalon complements the mix, just steps from the Alpharetta Conference Center. A new destination for Atlanta. The Hotel at Avalon is a place apart, an experience where everyone comes and lives well.
The host or hostess is the critical first impression of South City Kitchen, and therefore is empowered to create memorable guest experiences. Join HEI Hotels and Fifth Group Restaurants to work with the finest and most successful people in Atlanta's hospitality industry.
* Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu.
* Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
* Maintain proper set-up of dining room.
* Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
* Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.