In a town famed equally for its charming traditions and modern appeal, The Hotel at Avalon captures both, a sparkling ode to its new South roots hitched to a forward-thinking concept. All the elements come together here — attentive service, and beautiful lush surroundings, a playful disposition and a sophisticated demeanor. With a warm and genuine smile, The Hotel at Avalon welcomes travelers and culture seekers — for business and for pleasure — to a place where the good life is right at home. Graced by walkable boulevards with their outdoor living rooms, splendid shops, inspired dining and entertainment, the blissful perk of Avalon complements the mix, just steps from the Alpharetta Conference Center. A new destination for Atlanta. The Hotel at Avalon is a place apart, an experience where everyone comes and lives well.
The prep cook is the passionate culinarian who thrives in a fast pace environment and understands the team’s success depends on a solid foundation of planning and organization. Join HEI Hotels and Fifth Group Restaurants to work with the finest and most successful people in Atlanta's hospitality industry.
* Prep and prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
* Date all food containers and rotate as per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
* Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
* Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
* Operate, maintain and properly clean work station and kitchen equipment.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Hotel or independent restaurant experience preferred.
* Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.