A Lifeguard is one of the most important positions here in the resort, as they are vital to ensuring the safety of our guests, their families, and anyone that visits our waterpark attractions. Lifeguards are trained to respond and ensure all guests enjoy a safe and fun environment.
Essential Job Functions:
● Supervises and provides surveillance of swimmers and guests during park hours, special events, and
● Responds to emergency situations in the assigned zone.
● Assists in communicating emergency situations outside of the assigned zone.
● Administers and coordinates emergency first aid as necessary.
● Enforces the rules and regulations of the waterpark.
● Advises aquatics management of unsafe and unsanitary conditions.
● Provides superior customer service to all guests by assisting all in a polite and expedient manner.
● Assist younger guests with handing out height wristbands for water slides & proper fitting of lifejackets.
● Must be open to new training and experiences.
● Provides information on park and resort activities and policies.
● Performs daily routine chores and maintenance of waterpark to ensure neat and orderly appearance.
● Uses appropriate PPE when handling/cleaning up/disposing of all biohazards both in the water or on the
● Advises Aquatics management of unsafe and unsanitary conditions.
● Performing within Ellis and Associates Certification standards.
● Must be well groomed, with nametag on always while working on the property.
● Must follow all uniform guidelines that are outlined in the employee handbook.
● No experience required, training provided.
● Must be at least 16 years of age.
● Ability and willingness to achieve Certification in First Aid, CPR and Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training.
● Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands that include weekend and holiday
● Ability to communicate effectively.
● Successful completions of criminal background check.
● Swim 50 yards in 4 ft. of water and retrieve a 10 lb brick from the bottom of pool
● Sit or stand for extended periods of time
● Capable of prolonged exposure to hot and humid environments
● Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs
● Minimum of 20/20 corrected or uncorrected vision and no permanent eye abnormalities.
Environment: Working both indoors and outdoors. Outside in all weather conditions, including inclement
weather. Long shifts inside pool and all waterpark attractions.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.